Sunday, June 05, 2011

Growing Up?

Let's be honest here, after that particularly whiny post from earlier today about how meaningless my posts are, I have come to a separate conclusion. Not that my earlier stories are meaningful, either. They still aren't, I still know it, and I still acknowledge it. I still want to have a more purposeful, interesting, and largely relevant blog.

However, while I firmly believe I need to change this, I also firmly believe in baby steps. As a kid, I was always the girl who would cringe and balk at the prospect of launching myself into a swimming pool; the frigid waters be, uh, darned! I preferred to slowly, patiently, ease my body into the water, and stand idly getting acclimated bit by freezing bit to the temperature. The last plunge, getting my head wet, was always the worst part, mostly because I always dreaded it so. I suspect now will be no different.

That method is perfectly applicable to my blog. Regardless of my desire to have depth and become a talented, flowing writer, strength isn't something that blooms overnight. Thus, I have an intermediate step in place. Or rather, twenty-five intermediate steps in place before I shall focus solely on being deep and things of that nature.

In order to do so, I must regress. In such a way that, I must admit, I am following around my sister like I did as a child. I am joining her quest to make Life After Graduation: The Photoblog Edition throughout the month of June. I know that June has already been continuing around me while I was in an oblivious, purposeless writing funk, but late is better than never.

Starting tomorrow, I shall have a purpose (or at least attempted one) for dragging my Sony everywhere. The terms: one picture, three sentences per day for twenty-five days. My subjects will vary and be based upon whatever catches my eye wherever I wander that particular day. I will attempt to focus on something with meaning, or is at least worthwhile and isn't a picture of my television set because I didn't leave my house that day.

The hope is that over the course of this month, I can baby step my way into growing up and having meaningful, interesting, engaging things to chat about come July.

Tomorrow, I get my toes wet.

1 comment:

carinne said...

I'M SO EXCITED