Thursday, September 15, 2005

Stupid Abercrombie!

Ok, so I know I'm a loser (it's mentioned about every post, everyone should know this by now...) but I was thrilled, thrilled to go to work. I quit the grocery as soon as they said, "Come to orientation." I went to work and quickly informed them that today was my last day. One of the best feelings ever. Especially when I totally ignored their orders and had no fear because what could they do, fire me?

So two Sundays ago, I went to orientation, decked out in Abercrombie head-to-toe...Or, well, I would be if I owned more than two shirts and no pants or shoes from there. I guess I need to get up to scratch on the whole Abercrombie-clothes thing, but I have a discount now, and that should help. So anyways, I go in and they give the average, what to wear, jewelry, being on time, you know the drill. So we all get ready to leave, and someone asks when we'd start work.

"Um, well, they already made the schedule for this week, so just call in and ask for your schedule on Thursday." Well, we all know how that excursion worked out, so let's not go into details.

But, the main thing of the story was that today I had a call-in, aka call and if I'm needed, I go in, if not, bummer. I understand that the chances of me going in on a call-in are slim to none, but I try to remain optimistic, until I find out I'm wrong...And people ask me why I'm a pessimist, about my life anyways...If you're anyone else, I'm optimistic, if you're me, you've got issues.

So I have no idea what to say, and I'm not so excited over the fact that I have to call in because my voice somewhat resembles Minnie Mouse's on the tele. What drives me nuts is when those stupid tele-marketers call and go, "Is your mommy or daddy home little girl?"

I generally yell something along the lines of, "I'm 17 so go screw yourself!" Hanging up, and then feeling bad for being mean to a stranger.

Anyways (sorry, I can't seem to stay on track tonight to save my life) I call in sounding like a ten-year-old, "Um, hi, this is Alex Park...Um...I was told to call in today to work....So do you guys like need me?"

"Hang on." I was put on hold for a few minutes, listening to some overly bouncy weird dance mix, to which I nearly gagged all over the phone (I can't stand that music!) "Uh..We're over-booked already, so don't come in."

"Uhm, ok, thanks anyways!"

Oh, I was mad. I have zero money do to the fact of gas prices (ugh) and the fact that if I have cash, I'll spend it. So currently, I'm reduced to babysitting for my neighbors for like all of my Saturday. I'm excited...

1 comment:

carinne said...

Hmmmm, blog name, blog name. How about "my life the cheez-it"

"cheez-its are cool"

"llamas need luvvin too"

"how to successfuly fail at life" fail can be substituted with suck