Tuesday, September 20, 2005

For every bad day, there's a good day con't

Today was a day that everything seemed to go right. I woke up this morning, dead tired, and asked my dad if I could please go back to sleep and skip my first few classes? "Um, what are you first few classes?"

"Physics."

"Don't you have a test in there?"

"It's more of a quiz, really, and I have a study hall tomorrow..."

"Okay, then." That was just about the greatest thing I ever heard. I collapsed back to sleep, and didn't wake up until 8:30. Yee-haw. I ate breakfast, straightened my hair, got dressed and was out the door at 9:35 (I know it seems like I take forever, but if you had the amount of hair that I do, and to straighten it? It's freaking scary. Before the straightener, I would have fit right in to 1985.).

So I get at school and get to park in the top lot. I was fairly excited with myself. Right when I walk into the building, the bell was ringing for in-between third and fourth period, at 9:42. I go into the attendance office, and give the secretary my note, and she goes, "Well, it's in-between classes, so you shouldn't need a note."

"My locker's like eons away from my fourth period, I would really appreciate it if you gave me a note."

"Well, alright then." She gave me a note that said 9:50 "to give me a few extra minutes." I was so excited. I spent the next eight minutes telling some people about how good of a day it was. It was pretty thrilling.

So sixth period eventually rolls around again, like it always does. I'm dreading it because me and public speaking are not friends. Never had been, never will be, and in another language? You're just asking for me to die. So I sit through two other people's reports, knowing that I, inevitably, will be next.

One of my friends told me to calm down, no one pays attention anyways. The kid in front of me (the shoe commenting kid) goes, "I'm going to pay attention!"

"Why would you do such a horrible thing?" I know I had the I-hate-you look on my face.

"Because then it wouldn't be me if I didn't." I kicked his chair, which turned out to do nothing because he's quite a bit larger than me.

After the kid finishes, my hearts going. I'm all nervous until..."Well, we just don't have time for the rest. We need to do verbs."

I was saved! I was practically dancing and bellowing the Hallelujah Chorus at that point. It was amazing. I was truly convinced that today was We Like Alex Day. It was a good feeling.

Then the Crapface (as I fondly call the kid who sits in front of me) goes, "It's your turn next," with a particular nasty smile.

"No, I don't. She said that I can go tomorrow." [big grin]

"You suck."

"I'm awesome." He tried to think of a comeback, but Israel screamed, "Silencio estudiantes!" and when I say screamed, I mean it literally. Every once in a while, she'll just screech a word, because "it makes you pay attention, and I'm trying to make it fun for you." Just another classic Shaler teacher.

I know this is really long, sorry, but I had to tell you my bad day turned good. So yee-haw for two hours' extra sleep and no Physics and Calculus all around!

No comments: